Getting it Together in 2017!
It is a new year and time to commit to a new belly. Remember, your diastasis will get larger with each year that passes. A larger diastasis will make your belly bigger, increase your back pain and any other issues like bloating, constipation, or pelvic floor problems. A diastasis is NOT just about having a better belly. It is about feeling better and having a better life! A larger diastasis also takes longer to close.
So what does committing to this program involve? Four things:
- Wearing a splint (like a cast) all the time to position both the connective tissue and the muscles. By putting the connective tissue you a narrow position it takes the stretch off it. The muscles need to be close together to move in the right direction….front to back.. When they are separated they will move sideways stretching the connective tissue.
- Developing transverse muscle strength with the seated exercises. It takes no more than 10 minutes three times a day and you can do them while driving or watching a movie!
- Developing transverse muscle awareness with activities of daily living.
- Getting up and down correctly from seated to standing and seated to back lying.
This commitment is about being “mindful” of how you use your abdominals while living your life! You use your transverse muscle with every move you make and every breath you take. If it moves forward it stretches the weak connective tissue. So during the first six weeks of the program
It is important to be aware of which direction it is moving……forwards or backwards. A forwards movement will stretch the connective tissue and now allow it to heal. That is why we request that you do just cardio exercises like walking on treadmill, elliptical or upright stationary bike. No running, jumping, exercise classes, weight lifting. It is important to allow the connective tissue to heal as you develop transverse strength and awareness. Then in Week 6, the program teaches you how to modify and incorporate the
Tupler Technique® so it is diastasis safe. Using your strong transverse with every repetition will make your workout much more challenging and a workout you will want continue even after closing your diastasis. You can watch this video showing more details on the logistics of the program.
If you need support, I am starting a Six Week Online Support Program Jan 22nd. We have extended our sale until next week so you still have time to save $50.
Here is the code: SIXWOP50
Sign up here: https://www.diastasisrehab.com/online-support
This is how I can support you:
- Three live webinars with me. I will answer all your questions and make sure you’re doing the exercises correctly. These webinars are recorded so may watch them as many times as you want over the six weeks.
- Belly Buddies. Belly Buddies will support, motivate and make this process of closing your diastasis fun. (You may end up with a new best friend!)
- Communication with other participants in the program. Besides communicating with your belly buddy, you can also communicate with the other participants in the program hearing other people’s stories as well as getting tips on how they are doing the program has been very beneficial to our clients.
- Weekly videos on the course site. Each week the exercises will be changing. Each week you can play the videos and do the exercises with me. Clients find that watching these videos with me beneficial.
For more information, watch this video:
In order to do the program, you need a Diastasis Rehab Splint®, Guidebook and Lose Your Mummy Tummy® DVD or Say Good-Bye to Your Gut, Guys® DVD. So let’s get this party started. I promise you will have fun!