Diastasis Rehab Splint® Instructions for diastasis recti
How to put the Diastasis Rehab Splint® on:
1. Put the pad on your back and make sure it is even on each side. The label should be on the inside of the bottom left hand side. Hold the arm on the label side with your left hand and the top arm on the other side with your right hand. The top of the splint should be right on top of the bottom of your ribs.
2. Now you want to cross the arms to the other side and switch hands. Make sure when crossing the arms that the top arm stays on top. So now the left hand is holding the top arm and the right hand is holding the arm from the other side.
3. With knees slightly bent and holding transverse in at 5th floor, gather in your hand the top arm that you are holding with your left. Keep that hand on your belly. Now move the muscle on the right side of your body towards the middle of your body. Hold it in that position with the heel of your other hand. Now straighten this arm that you are holding with your left hand and attach the end of the arm on the top on the left-hand side of the splint. Look in a mirror so you can see where you are attaching it. Do not attach it too high or it will be on off the splint and may irritate your skin or hook on your clothing. Do not attach it too low or it will interfere with the arm on that side.
4. Pull the arm on the label side down away from the top arm. Gather this arm in your right hand. With transverse in at 5th floor, take the heel of your left hand and move the muscle on the left side to the middle. Straighten the arm and with your left hand attach it on top right side of the splint.
5. Pull down the bottom arm on the right-hand side away from the upper arm. Gather this arm in your left hand. With your transverse at 5th floor, move the muscle on the right side of your body to the middle. Straighten the arm and attach on the bottom of the left-hand side of the splint.
6. When you are approximating (or cinching together) the muscles a side effect is that it may bulge out the bottom. In week 4 of the program when you double splint you will be able to focus on this area of the belly.
If you still have questions relating to the splint, please read our FAQ Page.
How To Put on Diastasis Rehab Splint®:
Instructions for Putting on Short Torso Diastasis Rehab Splint®:
Wearing the Splint during Pregnancy:
Double Splinting Instructions:
For help finding your correct splint size, click here.